OPERA SCRIPT: THE BEST CHOICE FROM GOD

Cast of Characters
Anne : A lazy girl who want to enter the best university.
Dave : A diligent and smart student in the school who is very ambitious to be accepted at his dream university.

Time
The present

Synopsis
Anne and Dave are a best friend. They studied together every day for preparing the National Test to University. Today, the announcement releases and it makes them feel blue.

SETTING : City Library
AT RISE : Two chairs are in a diagonal line and a table in front of the chairs. The background of the stage is made as the library. Anne and Dave enter.

DAVE
Is today the announcement, Anne?
ANNE
Yes, Dave. It will release at 3 p.m.
DAVE
Oh, an hour left, Anne. I can’t wait it.
ANNE
Well, so do I. Let’s sit here.
(They sit on chairs and open their laptops.)
ANNE
Dave, how if I fail? I feel nervous right now.
(Her expression is worried while she opens her laptop.)
DAVE
No, Anne. Don’t say that. I believe we will definitely succeed in this test.
(His expression is very excited and confident.)
ANNE
Are you sure?
DAVE
Yes, Anne. Don’t be insecure, ok?
ANNE
Alright
(Anne sighed)
DAVE
Wait, wait a minute.
(Dave out from the stage.)
ANNE
Dave, where are you going?
(Dave comes back to the stage.)
DAVE
I bought some water, I think we will need it.
(Dave open a bottle and give it to Anne.)
DAVE
Drink it. You will feel fresh.
ANNE
Ouch, thank you so much, Dave.
(Anne drinks the water, so is Dave.)
ANNE
By the way, fifteen minutes left, Dave. Oh my God, please help us!
DAVE
Be ready, Anne. Ok?
ANNE
Are you ready, Dave?
DAVE
Sure, I’m ready. We are ready, right?
ANNE
I’m not.
DAVE
Anne!
ANNE
Sure I’m ready, it’s just several minutes.
DAVE
Waiting time is over, it’s time to see our score, Anne.
ANNE
Let’s pray to God before we see it.
DAVE
Alright
(They pray for a minute.)
DAVE
Anne, ready?
ANNE
We should open it together, please.
DAVE
Sure, Anne. One… two… three…
DAVE
Let’s go!
ANNE
Go!
(Anne shouts happily, while Dave is silent.)
ANNE
Daaveee, I passed the test!!
(Anne is about to hug Dave but immediately notice Dave’s expression.)
ANNE
Dave, are you?
DAVE
No, Anne.
(His gaze is blank.)
(Anne immediately check his laptop and see the result.)
ANNE
Dave, it… it is o…okay,
(Anne confuses. She feels happy and sad at the same time.)
DAVE
Yes, it is okay, but Anne… how could? How could, Anne?
ANNE
Here
(Anne hug Dave and let him feels calm.)
ANNE
I know this hurts you, so do I. How could I feel happy when my best friend feels blue.
(Anne rubs Dave’s back to make him calm down.)
(Dave let go of her hand.)
DAVE
My effort was useless, Anne. Useless! You know we have many times to study hard, right? But why? Why I can’t get my dream?
ANNE
Yes, I know Dave. You taught me, you gave me spirit to study. We have been studying together every day. We went through it all together.
DAVE
But why we have different result, Anne?
ANNE
I don’t know anything, but…
(Anne sighed.)
ANNE
But, I just know one thing that everything that hurts you, it is because our God already prepared the best thing for us later. This is the best choice from God. Trust me, after this, good news will come to you. 
(Anne hold Dave’s hand.)
ANNE
To get our dream, sometimes we have to feel the hard things first before we deserve to achieve it. So know, please don’t be sad and keep spirit. Try your best through the other way. There are still many test to university that you can take. Don’t be discouraged, ok?
DAVE
I will try
ANNE
Promise me?
DAVE
Yeah… I promise
(Dave signed.)
ANNE
One more thing…
DAVE
Hmmm
ANNE
Don’t forget you have a best friend who always support you, that’s me!
DAVE
Yes, I know
ANNE
Okay, good. Now, drink your water and I will take you for refreshing.
DAVE
No, not now, Anne. I must study harder start from now.
ANNE
Hey, it is not good to stress on your body and mind, my boy. Sometime we have to please yourself to feel free.
DAVE
Okay, just for today
ANNE
Every day will be okay, actually
DAVE
Anne…
ANNE
Alright, it is up to you. So, let’s go! 
DAVE
Hmmm, okey-dokey!
(Dave sighed again and again, while rolling his eyes and smiling.)
(They tidy up and put their laptop in their bag.)
(Anne and Dave go out from the stages.)

THE END



Name : Ayu Chandra Sasmita
NIM : 200511100088
Subject : Creative Writing 5C

Komentar

Posting Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

I'm Elephant

Top Ten Favorite Books of All the Time

Rumah yang Tak Lagi Sama