A Short Story: Sasi & Rain


She was running down the stairs when the sound of thunder struck. Lightning flashed quickly followed by a roar that echoed. She rushed to the parking lot where her motorbike was. Her work had just finished, and after this it was time for her to teach her students. The rain immediately hit the ground so hard that she didn't have time to get to her motorbike.

"Oh, I'm soaking wet if like this." Sasi turned to look for shelter. She saw a wooden gazebo which was not too far from where she is now. Immediately she went there. After a while, a person who was also looking for shelter appeared. That person was wearing a mask and covering the top of his head with a folder contains piles of paper. He sat next to Sasi, taking off his glasses which had started to condense, wiping them with his shirt and putting them back on. While Sasi was looking at her white watch on the left wrist and muttering,

"Hmmm, it’s raining very hard, how can I go?" Sasi didn't realize that someone beside her heard her muttering. "Miss?" Sasi looked left and right, there was no one other than the person beside her. "You called me?" She asked to that person.

"Yeah, it's raining a lot, right?"

"Hmm, yes." Sasi answered stiffly.

"I think I've seen you, but I forget where."

"Oh yeah?"

That person seemed to remember, "Ahh I remember, you look like my friend,"

"Ooh." Sasi confused to respond it.

"Yes, that's right, my friend who looked like you had dimples on her cheeks, she was cute, hehe." Said that person try to have conversation. Sasi only responded with a clumsy smile.

"Oh yeah, Miss, where are you going? You look like impatient waiting for the rain to stop. Are you waiting for someone who doesn't come? Or-" his words were cut off by Sasi.

"Why do you like to guess, you know." Sasi replied annoyed that this person talked too much.

"No, I like you."

Deg. Sasi’s heart suddenly stopped pumping. Sasi started to feel bad. That answer. The answer that always comes out of someone's mouth. Someone she really wanted his presence back. Someone he hoped to get back to. Sasi turned quickly to the person and stared at him for a long time. Someone is wearing glasses and wearing a mask. She had not noticed who he was. But ever since that person took off his glasses and mask that he had been wearing since earlier, Sasi's feelings warmed up to the point where her eyes burned. Her tears were boiling and managed to trickle down her cheeks.

Someone smiled and said, "Hi, Sasi."

"Diioo," said Sasi still not expecting that her best friend, Dio, came in.

"Yeah, I’m Dio. It's Ms. Sasi's Dio, yours, hehe." He said with a smile.

"Why do you call me like that, who's really old?" Sasi said a little bitter while wiping her tears.

"Yeah, then I'll call you ‘dear’, right?"

"Diiooooo" Sasi was blushing.

Dio successed to make Sasi laugh out loud. Sasi secretly smiled. Her feeling was warm and happy at the same time. Dio always has his own way to make Sasi laugh happily. They laughed together, looking at each other. No one expected this to happen, not even Dio. He only intended to take shelter, but he quickly realized that the woman beside him was Sasi when he looked at the white watch that was beautifully wrapped around Sasi's wrist. Dio missed Sasi so bad. He hugged Sasi, sending a warmest feel. Sasi was surprised by that. But she didn’t move and said,

“Are you okay?”

“I’m okay. I just miss you,”

“Yeah, so do I. How long we didn’t see each other?”

“I think five years,”

Sasi let go of his hug and look into his eyes, they stared at each other.

“Hmm… and, how was your days?”

“Pretty good, and you?”

“So far so good,” She continued by said "Dio, why are you in here?"

"Are you work in here, Sas?"

"Yeah, it's around been a month, hehe."

"Wow, seriously?"

"Yes, Dio, what's wrong? Is there something strange?" Sasi asked to Dio.

"Do you want to know why I'm here?"

“I asked you, then you asked me back,” Sasi said with rolling eyes, then continued, “Sure, I really want to know, Dio,"

"I just had a test interview here today, Sas."

"What? Seriously, Dio?" Sasi was very enthusiastic to hear this news, hoping that the results would be accepted.

“Do you think I’m joking?”

“Hahaha, nope. And was the result announced?”

"Yes, but it didn't work, Sas." Dio's face suddenly gloomy and looked down. Remembering his efforts to apply for jobs everywhere always failed. His face expresses how his feeling right now. Sasi felt how her friend felt. She was also sad and looked for ways to keep Dio in his spirit and joy. Sasi gently tapped Dio's shoulder and said, "I know why the rain won't let up,"

"Why?" Dio asked while looking at Sasi's face.

"So that your burden may be lifted up to the sky, and disappear with the flying clouds." Sasi stood up, put down her bag and took Dio's hand to join her.

"Eh, where are you going, Sas?" Dio asked in confusion.

"Come on," Sasi pulled Dio towards the rain. Sasi took Dio's hand and lifted him up. Sasi smiled and started dancing under the pouring rain. Dio started to smile too, he understood one thing. Dio knew Sasi was trying to cheer him up in her own way. Dio also realized that no matter how far apart they were, Sasi would still be the only person he goes to. The Universe is very supportive of the current atmosphere. Dio danced and laughed with Sasi. Forgetting all the burdens that were very heavy on his heart. Enjoying every raindrop that dripped heavily on his face and Sasi's face. Again, the universe shows that the best relationship is the one who can accompany us in every sorrow and happiness in our life.


~ayucs~

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

I'm Elephant

Top Ten Favorite Books of All the Time

Rumah yang Tak Lagi Sama