Top Ten Favorite Books of All the Time

What I love about other people’s books? 

I love reading a book especially novel. That’s my hobby. That’s why I’m interesting in literature study. I have read many books since I was in high school. Most of the books that I have already read in high school are in Bahasa Indonesia. But recently I read some English books. From around dozens of books, there are some books that I love the most. Here, I will show the list of my favorite books. 

1. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover (2016)
2. Hujan by Tere Liye (2016)
3. Kembara Rindu by Habiburrahman El Shirazy (2019)
4. Rindu by Tere Liye (2014)
5. Tenggelamnya Kapal Van der Wijck by Buya Hamka (1938)
6. Tentang Kamu by Tere Liye (2016)
7. Gerbang Dialog Danur by Risa Saraswati (2011)
8. Rembulan Tenggelam di Wajahmu by Tere Liye (2006)
9. Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 by Pidi Baiq (2014)
10. Daun yang Jatuh Tak Pernah Membenci Angin by Tere Liye (2014)

All these books are the best for me. Now, let me identify the similarities in writing style and theme. First is about writing style in the novels.  For your information, I love Tere Liye’s books so much. So almost half of my favorite in the list is written by him. Novels such as Hujan, Rindu, Tentang Kamu, Rembulan Tenggelam di Wajahmu, and Daun yang Jatuh Tak Pernah Membenci Angin, have a special characteristic in writing style because they are written by the same person. The diction and language that used by Tere Liye is simple but meaningful. Each novel has its own message that he want to convey to the readers. He always tell the values of life in every novel he wrote. Tere Liye always success makes the readers amazed by the work he wrote in his way. Even though the theme are different, but Tere Liye has his amazing writing style. 

Next is about the theme in the novels. After identified, there are some books that have the same theme. I like romance genre in reading a novel. Almost all of the novels I have listed are in romance genre. The story sometimes has the similarities in plot, which is the way and the struggle of someone to get his/her lover. Like in the novel It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, Hujan by Tere Liye, Kembara Rindu by Habiburrahman El Shirazy, Tenggelamnya Kapal Van der Wijck by Buya Hamka, Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 by Pidi Baiq, and Daun yang Jatuh Tak Pernah Membenci Angin by Tere Liye. 

I also like a novel that have a setting in the past time or in the future time. Take for example, novels that have a setting in the past time are Kembara Rindu by Habiburrahman El Shirazy, Rindu by Tere Liye, Tenggelamnya Kapal Van der Wijck by Buya Hamka, Tentang Kamu by Tere Liye, Gerbang Dialog Danur by Risa Saraswati, and Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 by Pidi Baiq. And a novel that has a setting in the future time is Hujan by Tere Liye. Reading this kind of novel make me have a fun imagination. We can know what the situation in the past, and we can also imagine what will happen in the future, even though that’s a fiction. 

So, reading many books is so much fun, right? Which one do you like? If you curious about the novel, just read it. Or if you have the same or different opinion with me, let me know. Last but not least, I just want to say that we can know lots of insights by reading a book, even though a novel. We can know the world by reading a book. That’s all about my Top Ten Favorite Books of All the Time. See you next time and thank you!




Ayu Chandra Sasmita
200511100088
Creative Writing 5C

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

I'm Elephant

Rumah yang Tak Lagi Sama